Automated Fixtures studio spot 575 lamp problem

itie

hello guys,

my school has two studio spot 575 and they worked fine until one of the lamp wouldnt strike anymore. so i thought the lamp was out. when i took the lamp out it didnt look bad so i put it in the other mover and it worked. so now i left with a anorther problem. when i tell to the mover to lamp on (using the mover not light board) it just clicks for a bit then nothing. it sounds like its trying to strike but its not. any ideas on whats going on?

thank you
Giovanni

Check the lamp base in the one that doesn't work. You may have some carbon build-up from arcing that is keeping the lamp from striking.

Could be the base...or it could be the capacitor...a new lamp does not strike either? Do you get any error messages?

This kind of issue, unless you are very familiar with arc lamps & the wiring set ups, is best left to a trained technician to look at and fix once you go beyond the lamp being the issue. The capacitors which build up the charge to strike can KILL you rather easily if you mess around them or do not know what they look like and are poking around with a screwdriver or body part after an attempt to strike. They build up a charge and can hold a very high voltage it for a while making them one of the most dangerous parts of a moving light when it is open...

BE SAFE--IMO in this instance if its not the lamp--call a HES tech to check it out...

-w

Its either the lamp, the lamp power supply board, the wiring, or the striker.

Try switching out the lamp, 1st.

Open up one of the arms. Make sure that the board is functional. Usually, if it isn't, there's a big burn mark on it. Replace it.

If thats not it, open up the bottom. First check the 2 fuses on the lamp power supply. These often go out. They are 16A Ultra Fast fuses.

Finally, it might be your lamp power supply (same board where the fuses are located). They're good for about 5000 hours. One of the capacitors usually looks bloated. If thats the problem, send to lightparts.

Also, check the wiring all the way to the lamp.

Thats essentially every component in the chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back