Automated Fixtures Technobeam lost software?

photoatdv

So, a group I'm working with has a old technobeam and some parts (I think they are previously cannibalized units. The one is supposed to be okay except for the logic board lost memory. I have looked on the HES website and the official answer seems to be send it in for repair and we'll reprogram it. Unfortunately there is no money for sending it in. It won't go into the menus to do a crossload...

Does anyone have a clue how to reprogram it without sending it in? Obviously HES is doing it somehow...

Most of the HES fleet can have their software updated via an XLR dongle. From what I recall, each dongle was made by HES for a specific software release. There has to be a way to re-program via a serial cable but I don't think the end user can do this. You will have to send it in to get it fixed.

The Technobeam line was sold to Strong a few years back - you might call them and see if they can help you with older units.

I talked to Strong and Lightparts yesterday. Sounds like it could be the clock circuit. Anyone here had one do that and fixed it? They talked me through the repairs for that and it sounds pretty straight forward, though a little tedious. I found it on the schematics and all, but I'm not seeing that circuit on the (crappy) pics I have. Am I correct that it would be located adjacent to the processor? I'm likely taking a look this weekend... and hopefully fixing it.

By the way... BIG thank you to the Lightparts crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back