Wedding Uplights

Dragonfire

Hi all, I have been tasked with finding more reliable wireless battery uplights for a wedding company (does not have to be rated for rain), and was wondering what your favorites are. Looking for RGBWA (UV would be preferable but not necessary), battery duration of at least 8hrs, good wireless connection with smooth color fading, and a solid warranty/will last a long time before needing repairs.

Open to all brands, and price is flexible but probably anything $600 per fixture or under as long as we’re getting our money’s worth. Aiming for a size about the size of a chauvet wellfit, but a little larger is fine.
I know there is no single perfect fixture so no worries about hitting every single metric, just gathering data right now so anything helps.

I do know that form factor will be a component of my boss's decision since it's for weddings, which is why I'm unsure about fixtures like the Astera AX5 even though it comes highly recommended.

Thanks in advance!

There is a reason why at about $750-800 per fixture when you break down the kit the Chauvet Well Fit is a standard for this application. They are reasonably reliable (Chauvet has made major improvements with QC over the years) and Chauvet has improved their support. Plus if you ever need to sub out additional fixtures or replacements there is a good chance someone in the area will have them. Of course, they do offer budget application versions with their DJ line H9 (which is RGBAW+UV) and Q9 (RGBA) which offer a beneficial runtime configuration option so you can have them automatically tune the output to ensure they stay on for the duration needed. An in between option would probably the ADJ Element H6 which is squarely in the middle price wise, maintains the same footprint style, and does offer the RGBAW+UV LED chip you are looking for.

We use the Freedom Q9 for weddings and corporate events. Overall they are very reliable, with the one note that in our larger spaces some of them don't respond to the D-Fi transmitter from across the room. They also don't have physical DMX connections to compensate for the weaker antenna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back