LED ellipsoidal upgrade using existing lens Leviton Leo

vaxination

I have a rather large inventory of Leviton Leo and assorted glass for them. I know the ETC lekos are upgradable but there is no LED retrofit for LEO that I'm aware of, has anyone found a LED leko base that accepts Leo lensing? I know many accept ETC. thanks in advance I've googled it but cant seem to find anyone who has figured this specific one out.

I appreciate it, sorry if it has and I didnt find it on my search but if so please point me in the right direction thank you.

Essentially you want to fund out if your Leo lenses will work on an ETC Lustr fixture ?. Find a local shop with Lustrs, bring in some Leo lenses and give it a look at. Bring along some complicated gobos to see how they image.

Essentially you want to fund out if your Leo lenses will work on an ETC Lustr fixture ?. Find a local shop with Lustrs, bring in some Leo lenses and give it a look at. Bring along some complicated gobos to see how they image.
Yep thats essentially it, I figure lustr is probably not a match but the elations or some other of the many competing models might fit. anyway yes thats basically what I'm probably going to end up doing but wanted to throw it out there in case anyone else already figured it out. Thanks

Found an answer on Reddit. Looks like they don't fit into a standard S4 body barrel. Makes sense as the LEO has internal alignment indexes whereas ETC uses the external ones. I doubt any other brand would work with the LEO lenses at this point. Most of the other manufacturers have adopted the ETC standard non-XDLT lens specifications. LEO was designed before ETC's patent protections on the specifications for the lens design expired so Leviton really needed to make them different enough to not infringe.

Found an answer on Reddit. Looks like they don't fit into a standard S4 body barrel. Makes sense as the LEO has internal alignment indexes whereas ETC uses the external ones. I doubt any other brand would work with the LEO lenses at this point. Most of the other manufacturers have adopted the ETC standard non-XDLT lens specifications. LEO was designed before ETC's patent protections on the specifications for the lens design expired so Leviton really needed to make them different enough to not infringe.
yea they are a different design and modular so you can swap the lenses internally to change what degree they are (which is actually pretty awesome) and since I have an entire compliment of the lenses and noticed alot of these vendors are selling just bodies I was hoping there might be one with tolerances that would fit the leo lens. a guy can dream I guess! I dont want to toss these perfectly good parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back