Automated Fixtures Vari-Lite VLX Automated Luminaire

CCT = Correlated Color Temperature (in degrees Kevin).

"Many other light sources, such as fluorescent lamps, emit light primarily by processes other than thermal radiation. This means the emitted radiation does not follow the form of a black-body spectrum. These sources are assigned what is known as a correlated color temperature (CCT). CCT is the color temperature of a black body radiator which to human color perception most closely matches the light from the lamp. Because such an approximation is not required for incandescent light, the CCT for an incandescent light is simply its unadjusted temperature, derived from the comparison to a black body radiator."

Color temperature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And yes, the Demo's I've seen of the VLX were game changing. Easily one of the best LED fixtures on the market, with amazing intensity, optics, and beam characteristics.

DELO72;17877 And yes said:
LED[/autolink] fixtures on the market, with amazing intensity, optics, and beam characteristics.

As Mats Karlsson commented on, over on The LightNetwork, the only rub might be the lack of a narrow zoom ability, currently at 23 to 58 degrees, which is sort of medium to very wide. That said, they'd be perfect at my electric trims of 20ft.

SB

To bump this thread again, today I got to see a whole system of these lights in the new Grand Ole Opry install today. I must say, they make for an amazingly smooth wash and are just as bright if not brighter than a Mac2k Wash!

If you'd like to see the system for yourself (and can tolerate country music) I would suggest watching the grand reopening of the Opry on Tuesday!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back