Colortran Mini Ellipse

TheDruid

i’m new to this industry. currently im in high school on only my second production. but i really like it and about a week ago i was going through our lighting fixtures and found an old Colortran mini ellipse that i want to restore after strike. i’ve been able to find a bit of information on it (spec sheets and such) but i’m not quite sure what bulb would work with it. any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_2664.jpeg
    IMG_2664.jpeg
    498.3 KB · Views: 43
If you put the lamp designations into google you should be able to find a supplier nearer to you. There's a thread on here already about relamping these lanterns.

Ah, the Mini Ellipse - probably one of the more divisive fixtures I've come across. People are either indifferent to them, or they really despise them. I personally like their small size and the fact that the lenses can be rearranged for different beam spreads. For situations where you need to cram a fixture in to a tight spot, they can be quite useful. I even recently installed 4 in our theatre's "annex" space which has a screening room (the annex is our mall's old 5-screen cinema). They work really well in there.

The lamps they take are EVR for 500w or EHT if you want to go down to 250w. You can even get E12 "mini candelabra" LED lamps - which, while not very bright and almost certainly useless for theatrical endeavors, could be a fun experiment. Especially if you want to use the fixture in some sort of display or something like that. Have fun with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back